Subject: Re: Safeway Customer Comment [#2151930]
Date: December 12, 2008 2:08:31 AM PST
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding our Internet coupon policy. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.
In order to insure that we accept only legitimate printable Internet coupons, Safeway has adopted the following store policies and guidelines. These policies and guidelines are company wide.
1. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that do not have a manufacturer's bar code or manufacturer's redemption instructions.
2. We will accept any printable Internet coupons only if they scan properly at checkout.
3. We will not accept more than one "copy" of the same printable Internet coupon per customer.
4. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons for a Free Product (other than a "Buy One Get One Free Offer" that requires a purchase of the like item)
5. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons for more than a $5.00 value or for more than 50% of a product's retail price, whichever of the two is lower.
6. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that do not have an easy to read expiration date or that extend more than 12 weeks. (Most printable Internet coupons may expire 30-45 days after you print them)
7. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that appear out of proportion, appear blurry, or are obvious duplicates.
8. Any printable Internet coupons that appear to have been altered in any way may be rejected. (Printable Internet coupons are nearly always printed using the same technology and therefore have a standard format, with very specific security features, including a unique serial code.)
We hope the above information will be helpful. If you would like to discuss this further or if any of your account information needs updating, please reply to this email or call our toll free number at 1-877-723-3929 and reference contact I.D. 13863548. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for shopping at Safeway.
Customer Service Center